Here's what I ate:
- Breakfast: My go-to protein smoothie with almond milk, cinnamon, frozen banana and vanilla protein powder, and black coffee
- Lunch: Ground beef chili with cocoa powder and chipotle chiles (plus red pepper, onion, and diced tomatoes), with sliced strawberries
- Snack: A few slices of dried mango, and a large handful of pistachios later in the afternoon.
- Dinner: I didn't quite look over the menu when I suggested a meeting place for dinner with friends, but I think this place ended up working pretty well. I had Brussels sprouts with pancetta and seasonings (ate around the Parmesan, though I'm pretty sure there was butter in there) along with a green salad with grilled chicken. Again, no guarantees that the chicken was 100% compliant, but overall I felt good about the meal.
- Dessert: Still a habit to want something sweet after dinner, so I had a tiny pink lady apple. I will break this habit like I did last time.
I wanted to badly to start the week and my Whole 30 with a morning run, but I was exhausted when I woke up this morning, as I have been recently. I think I'm in a vicious cycle: not exercising means I'm not sleeping as well and have lower energy levels, which makes me feel more tired and not want to exercise. It's a cycle I need to break NOW.
And the good news is that I did manage to get out for a 3 mile run after work. My lungs burned the whole time but I was so happy to be out there... I realized how much I've missed running like that. On my own, on the roads.
Onward!
And the good news is that I did manage to get out for a 3 mile run after work. My lungs burned the whole time but I was so happy to be out there... I realized how much I've missed running like that. On my own, on the roads.
Onward!
No comments:
Post a Comment