Why I'm struggling:
- Though it doesn't excuse me dropping the ball on Whole 30, I'm currently spending a week away from home while I house and pet sit. It is easier when you have your own kitchen and supplies to stick to the plan.
- I am eating way too much sugar in the form of dried fruit and fresh fruit.
- I am not eating enough vegetables... I'm mostly eating sweet potatoes and carrots, which means I'm hardly getting any greens or other non-starchy veggies.
- Again, tied into not being at home, but my breakfasts haven't been as satisfying as I need them to be, which gets my day off to an off-kilter start.
- I am not exercising. At all. I attempted a run last Saturday, but between taking care of the dog in the morning, staying up late because I actually have access to cable right now, and weather conditions, nothing is happening. I am CRAVING a good workout.
- I am not listening to my body, so I'm cleaning my plate when I probably don't need to most of the time.
- While I do still intend to make an exception for alcohol, in the last 10 days I've made too many other exceptions. I get one exception: a drink when I'm on a date. That's it.
The other thing I think will help is that I will have had two weeks of laziness after Uwharrie, but I created a new workout schedule for myself to get me through my half-marathon in April. I think getting back into a training routine will help--I'm always more disciplined in other areas of my life when I have a good exercise routine going, so it just needs to happen.
So there's the update! I'll be back next week and ready to start again, stronger and with greater resolve. In the meantime, I'll enjoy a snow day tomorrow and a weekend on a modified Whole 30.
Then it's back on Whole 30, and back on track.
No comments:
Post a Comment