Just a quick update: still going strong on Whole 30 and feeling good!
I made some awesome recipes this past weekend and highly recommend them:
Ginger Zucchini Soup: Updated recipe in her latest cookbook calls for 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp ground coriander, and 2 cups of chicken broth with 2 cups of beef broth. Additional note: I LOVE my immersion blender.
Chocolate Chili: I made this with 1 lb of ground beef and left all else the same. Delicious!
Spicy Sausage, Kale & Potato Soup: To make this Whole 30, I do the following: use coconut oil, sub in Japanese sweet potato (white flesh) for white potato, use ghee for butter, and stir in coconut milk at end (for cream).
All in all, I'm feeling great and--at this point--I'm planning to keep going with Whole 30 into February. Why not?
My only two complaints are that my heart palpitations are persistent (and strong), and though I sleep the first part of the night completely passed out, dead to the world, sometime starting after 1:30 I'll wake up repeatedly. Of course, part of that is likely that I've been really focusing on getting to work at 9am (and succeeding!!) so I'm always anticipating my alarm going off.
But the best shift for me has been that I no longer wake up feeling like I got hit by a bus, which was a frequent feeling I had pre-Whole 30.
So feeling good, keeping at it!
No comments:
Post a Comment