So here's what I ate:
Breakfast: Eggs with prosciutto, broccoli and onion cooked in a little bit of evoo. Coffee with unsweetened almond milk. A slice of mango.
| Doesn't look so good but tasted great |
Lunch: My Super Butternut Squash Soup with a few mango slices. Water.
| Aaand this is when it's clear I'm not a food stylist. |
Dinner: My first dining out challenge, at a Mexican restaurant, where I normally would dive into chips and salsa and gooey cheesy enchiladas. I ordered grilled chicken and shrimp, ignored the rice and beans, and savored the avocado. It was a success. (I have no idea what they cooked the meat in, but in the grand scheme of Mexican, it was a success.)
| I forgot to photograph it before eating... |
Snacks: Ultimately the goal will be to cut out snacking, but I did snack today--probably more out of habit than hunger. At 4, I had an apple. At 5, I had about 5 cashews and 2 almonds. And later in the evening, when I was wishing for dessert and feeling peckish (this is definitely the snacking period I need to eliminate), I had an apple and two dried apricots (not sweetened).
Exercise: I took a rest day after Saturday's 13-mile run and my hour at the gym yesterday (elliptical and stair climber). Plus I didn't want to start the week short on sleep (which I would have done to get up in time to exercise pre-work), and I had plans right after work that would prohibit an afternoon workout. So, a rest day. FitBit says I walked just over 4,000 steps. Tomorrow will be better!
Exercise: I took a rest day after Saturday's 13-mile run and my hour at the gym yesterday (elliptical and stair climber). Plus I didn't want to start the week short on sleep (which I would have done to get up in time to exercise pre-work), and I had plans right after work that would prohibit an afternoon workout. So, a rest day. FitBit says I walked just over 4,000 steps. Tomorrow will be better!
All in all, a good day. Seems too early for the withdrawal symptoms predicted, so we'll see how the next few days play out.
Onward!
No comments:
Post a Comment