New year, time to dust myself off and get out there again.
Rather than creating a bunch of resolutions I won't keep, I'm going to focus on just training for the half-marathon I've decided to run, scheduled for April 10. So, between now and then, I'll do my best to keep posting here about my journey. I've got my training schedule ready to go, too!
Here's this week's plan, from Hal Higdon:
Monday: Stretch & Strengthen
Tuesday: 3 mile run
Wednesday: 2 mile run or cross-train
Thursday: 3 mile run & strength training
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 30 minutes cross-train
Sunday: 3.5 mile run
All completely manageable, in spite of the fact that I haven't run in, oh, a month. Since I live about 5 minutes from a pilates studio that offers Monday night mat classes, maybe tonight is the night to check it out!
At any rate, I wish everyone out there a wonderful, successful 2011. On the radio this morning, the DJs were sharing their new year's mantra, which I think could be a good one for me:
"Twenty-one-one, get it done."
In other words: A little less talk, a lot more action.
So there.
No comments:
Post a Comment