Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Just checkin' in

Alas, I have nothing new or exciting to report about my training this week. (Now aren't you excited to see what I'm going to write about for the next few paragraphs? Haha. Oh well.)

Well, it's a busy week! Between my full-time and new part-time job, my schedule every day this week is 8am (cough, cough, see below) to 10 or 11pm. By the time I get things ready for the next day and climb into bed with clean face and teeth and clothes laid out for the next day, it's after 11:30, usually closer to midnight.

After a few hours of uneven sleep (I've been sleeping terribly this week for some reason...), my alarm goes off a few minutes before 6am. This is my attempt to get up and run: Grunt, lash out arm to frantically hit snooze button on iPhone. Bury head under pillow. Repeat for the next 90 minutes. Bolt awake sometime after 7:30, realizing I need to shower and get ready for work. Go to work; repeat cycle daily. (Note: Between working lunches and working late, I'm not slacking off at work. Don't want you to think I'm a bad employee!)

Anyway, I'm pretty much calling this week a wash and looking forward to running on Saturday. Future weeks shouldn't be this bad. It's just a combination of an unusual part-time job schedule and an evening event at my "pay the bills" job.

But, I gotta tell ya, I'm really pinning a lot of hopes on daylight savings time giving me the boost I need to get up and do my morning runs again, like I did last time I trained for a half. Maybe I need to put a coffee maker on automatic timer on my nightstand.... hmmm.... I'm not really joking about that. Or in my bathroom. So I have to get out of bed to get it. (Note to self: Stop by store to buy 4-cup coffee brewer after work tonight, at 11pm.)

Anyway. Because I am committed to keeping my blog running, I'm resetting my challenge for the week so that if I don't blog about my weekend runs (mileage goal: 6-8 miles total) by 10pm on Sunday, it'll be 100 squats for me, to be completed by 10pm on Monday evening (within 24 hours).

So there.


No comments:

Post a Comment